Why Should You Consider Attending a Community College?

On January 25, 2022, Mr. Roger Griffith, visited Greenbrier West High School. He discussed information about New River Community and Technical College with junior and senior students. Griffith is the Campus Director and Community Outreach for the Greenbrier Valley campus.

Many individuals can benefit from attending a community college. New River is a great place to start, especially if you are unsure of what you want to do. New River offers many degrees and certificates. You can visit their website at newriver.edu. If you click on the degrees and certificates tab, you will see a list from A-Z of available degrees and certifications. Many of these programs that New River offers are in high demand. If you are interested in attending, you need to begin your application process as soon as possible.

Community college is also a great way for you to save money. During your first year of college, you can attend any community college and take your required general education courses. After you complete these courses, you can transfer to another college to finish your education. Classes are less expensive at community colleges compared to larger colleges like West Virginia University and Marshall University. Even though classes are less expensive at community colleges, quality education is still provided to students. 

In April, Griffith will return to Greenbrier West to do an economics activity with students.

Students, If you haven’t already, make sure to fill out your FAFSA application as soon as possible! This is extremely important if you are planning on attending college in the fall. Visit fafsa.gov to fill out your application!