A Look into Radford University

What is Radford University? Radford University, located in Radford Virginia,  is one of the many colleges/ universities located in Virginia. Radford University is the home of the Highlanders.

Radford University has 90 minors, 76 bachelors degree programs, 47 disciplines and 43 areas of study. The school has multiple classes to choose from such as business and economics, human development, nursing and science and technology. The student to faculty ratio is 14:1 with the average class size being 20 students.

Athletics is another great opportunity Radford has to offer. Mens sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer and tennis. Women’s sports include basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field and volleyball. 

Sports and education aren’t the only opportunities Radford has to offer. There are a total of 300+ clubs to choose from such as student government association, young life college, car club and creative writers guide.

Financial aid opportunities are also offered. 35.1 million dollars in grant aid and 10.1 million in scholarship aid was awarded in the 2019-2020 school year. The following are some scholarships you could receive: Alber-Winslow Scholarship Fund,  Allstate Scholarship, Carson Scholarship and the Highlander Senior Class Scholarship.

Radford has 15 resident halls on campus, Jefferson Hall and Tyler Hall being two of them. The average cost of housing is $5,281 for standard students. And the average dining plan is $4,356. There are 13 dining locations on campus.