A Look into Marshall University

Many high school seniors and juniors are starting to look into colleges and receiving acceptance letters; but have you considered looking into Marshall University? Marshall University is located in Huntington, West Virginia and offers many academic and athletic opportunities such as; art, science, medical, football, soccer, baseball and many more. 

Marshall University also offers multiple scholarships. The following are just some of them; John Marshall Scholarship, John Laidley Scholarship and the Presidential Scholarship. All scholarships are available to West Virginia, metro, and non-residential students. $94 million in scholarships and grants was also awarded just last year.

Another thing Marshall University has to offer is different academic opportunities. There at many different departments at Marshall University that you can major in. These include Arts and Media, Health Professions, Science, Education and Professional Development, Engineering and Computer Sciences, Business, Liberal Arts, university college courses and honors courses Marshall offers 89 undergraduate courses for the 2021-2022 semester. 

Athletics takes another major part of the college. Men’s sports consist of baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf and soccer. While women’s consists of basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field and volleyball. The University also has 15 club sports and 32 intramural sports. 

Freshmen and sophomores under the age of 21 are required to live on campus however “Limited  exemptions are granted for specific reasons through an application to the Director of Housing and Residence Life.” -marshall.edu. The residence halls are as followed; Twin Towers East Hall, Twin Towers West Hall, First Year North and South and the Buskirk Hall. “The 2021-2022 estimated annual cost of room and board is $11,384.”- marshall.edu. So are you ready to join the Herd?