WVU Closes Due to “Coronavirus” Concerns

West Virginia University has suspended its in-person classes the week after spring break. They will be offering online classes for all of the students who want to be able to attend school that week or other alternative learning options beginning March 30th. All of the other regularly scheduled online, or alternative classes, will resume as normal. These closures are all due to monitoring the Coronavirus (Covid19) to try to not have all of their students get sick and miss school.

WVU President Gordon Gee stated in a letter to campus on Tuesday, March 10th, “An administrative team, along with local and state health officials, has been working diligently to identify ways to keep our campuses safe, as well as sharing precautionary measures individuals could take,” and also saying “The University takes seriously its responsibility to protect our campuses during this uncertain time.” 

There are still no reported cases of the Coronavirus at this time in West Virginia. However, as students, faculty and staff depart for WVU’s spring break, the University is very concerned about travel on and off campus this spring break. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution to best protect its campuses.

Website 

https://wvutoday.wvu.edu/stories/2020/03/10/wvu-to-temporarily-suspend-in-person-classes-after-spring-break-move-to-online-model