Death of Two Students

Residents of Roane and Tyler county high schools mourn the loss of two students, Alex Miller and Levi Southerly. Both passed on the 14th and 13th of Sept. 

Alex Miller collapsed on the field in the middle of his game on Friday, Sept. 14th, shocking his peers and audience. Alex was lifted off the ground, and was taken to the nearest hospital. “But sadly the efforts were unsuccessful,” Dr. Richard Duncan proclaimed in his statement from Metro News. Please give prayers for Alex’s family for they are dealing with a lot at this moment.

Levi Southerly, a student of Tyler County High School, committed suicide on the 13th due to bullying from his peers. Please also give prayers for Levi’s family in this difficult time. 

Bullying is a serious matter, and it is not to be taken lightly from anyone because bullying can lead to a case just like Levi’s. Suicide is a world-wide issue and usually a matter people don’t want to talk about. Suicidal thoughts are born from changes in one’s mental health, like depression. 

Even though you feel like no one will care or even listen there are plenty of people out there willing to help you with any problems you may have whether it’s your parents, a loved one, a teacher, or even a professional. Please, if you ever get the thought of bringing yourself pain or even committing suicide, call a professional or talk to a loved one.

Suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255

GWHS School Counselors: Mrs. Boggs, Mrs. Hicks

GWHS Peer Coaches: Alexis Sloan, Aaliyah Painter, Abby Tharp, Alyssa Snyder