Cavtalk

Life Hacks – Beauty Blog

Tasha Brown and Jaiden Zimmerman, Photographer/ Writer

The Beauty of Hair

I’ve had so many disastrous hair tragedies happen to me when I’m in a rush to be somewhere and I end up looking like a hot mess. So, I’m here to tell you the best hacks and hair products to use on your hair so you can have healthy, rejuvenated hair for when you feel like your hair needs it the most. It’s always better to start taking care of your hair sooner, rather than later.

• Shampooing and Conditioning your hair is one of the top things people underestimate nowadays. Greasy hair is bound to happen to anyone, sometimes a little natural oils from the head is good for the hair. But letting it go for days isn’t healthy. Due to how often you wash your hair will depend on the texture and silkiness of your hair.
  • Make time for hair care as well as cutting and trimming your hair when you have dead ends and need a little refresher.
  • Hair masks have helped my hair stay strong due to the heat i apply to it everyday, i have some natural hair products i wanna share with you that i recommend to keep your hair shiny and hydrated
    • Coconut oil + honey hair mask (repairing)
    • 1 teaspoon of coconut
    • 1 teaspoon of honey
  • Directions: mix all the ingredients into a bowl, transfer mix into a pot and heat up until melted, apply to hair from top to bottom and cover with a shower cap, let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with just lukewarm water.
    • Brown sugar + olive oil hair mask (dry hair)
    • 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
    • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • Directions: follow the directions listed above

Blending Your Makeup

Blending your makeup is such an important aspect when doing your face. You must use beauty blenders and brushes to blend your face. You should always, always, always, blend your eyeshadow, bronzer, and foundation, etc. When applying bronzer, never brush the product in a straight line. Instead, use a clean brush and blend by sweeping the brush back and forth in a large windshield wiping motion, followed by smaller circles. When applying foundation, you first prepare your skin with a moisturizer and primer to create a flawless canvas, then dot the foundation in the certain places you want it, and then blend with a brush by using a clean brush and use big circular motions, back and forth. Most of all, blend your darn eyeshadow!! First, prime your lids. Second start with a light eyeshadow and build up the color. After you build up your colors, take a blending eyeshadow brush and start to blend like usual just with smaller motions. After that’s all done, clean up your mistakes. Then you’re all done and you’ll come out looking flawless without harsh lines.

The Power of Makeup

Makeup has been around since before our time. It has many different effects on people. The power of makeup is so much more than just “putting on a face”, some girls and some guys enjoy doing their makeup and some prefer to go without it. Some people wear a lot of it or don’t wear as much, either is completely fine.  Makeup has a type of power on most people. Wearing makeup has the power to make you feel beautiful. It has the power to mask your insecurities. Doing your own makeup or even someone else’s can be therapeutic. When I’m feeling down in the dumps and not feeling so good about myself, I always do my makeup. I’ve asked a few girls around and they’ve said the same thing. There’s something about doing your makeup has always made someone feel more confident and more beautiful even if no one else thinks so. Makeup is sort of like art; your face is the blank canvas, your makeup brushes is your paint brushes, your lipstick, eyeshadow, etc is your paint. It’s your art, decorate it how you want because that is yours. First to be beautiful, you have to feel beautiful and why not feel beautiful how you want too. The way you want too, not the way everyone else wants you too. Makeup gives you that power, use it.