• Oct 25, 3:29 pmPledge to drink more water!

• Oct 25, 3:29 pmSenior pictures will be taken 10/26/18

• Oct 12, 11:09 amDoor Decor: 1st Freshmen 2nd Seniors 3rd Sophomores 4th Juniors

Cavtalk

Is America Truly Sexist?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Is America Truly Sexist?

Seth Mooney, journalist/meme artist

I often hear in the media how America is sexist to women, but what proof is there of this? In this article I’d like to address some of the claims made by feminists that supposedly prove America is sexist.

Frankly I am shocked feminists still think men and women are not equal in America. I believe it is easily noticed that there are no real issues by their imagined “injustices” like microaggressions and false victimhood. All women have the fundamental rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Remember kids: True equality is equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.

Feminists like to say that men are more likely to be hired than an equally qualified woman, but in America, women are twice as likely to get a job over men when it comes to STEM fields.
“…according to their latest study, published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, women are no longer at a disadvantage when applying for tenure-track positions in university science departments. In fact, the bias has now flipped: Female candidates are now twice as likely to be chosen as equally qualified men.”
http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/04/women-preferred-21-over-men-stem-faculty-positions
Another thing I hear so much about, but see no real evidence for, is the wage gap. There is no wage gap between men and women, because there isn’t legally allowed to be one due the Equal Pay Act of 1963 which states: “The Equal Pay Act requires that men and women be given equal pay for equal work in the same establishment. The jobs need not be identical, but they must be substantially equal. It is job content, not job titles, that determines whether jobs are substantially equal. Specifically, the EPA provides that employers may not pay unequal wages to men and women who perform jobs that require substantially equal skill, effort, and responsibility, and that are performed under similar working conditions within the same establishment.” I see people saying the research has been done and if you look into it there are stories of women being paid less than male counterparts. If women were paid less than men. Then why don’t companies just higher all women? Are all of these companies just bad at math? It would make sense to hire all women considering wages are one of companies biggest expenses, yet we hear feminists saying that men dominate the workplace. While there is no wage gap, there can be an earnings gap. Men may earn more on a paycheck because men are more likely to work overtime and take fewer vacation days along with no maternity leave. The average full time working man works 6 hours per week or 15 percent longer than the average full time working woman. Men are more likely to take jobs that require work on weekends and evenings and therefore pay more. Unmarried women who’ve never had a child actually earn more than unmarried men, according to Nemko and data compiled from the Census Bureau.

A quote from the Daily Wire about the “wage gap” puts it rather well “The ‘gender wage gap’ is a fabrication and has been disproven time and time again. In fact, it is illegal to pay men more than women for equal work on equal jobs that are performed under the same conditions under the Equal Pay Act of 1963. Studies commissioned by the Department of Labor have shown that pay discrepancies are often due to individual choices made by both male and female workers.” The supposed wage gap statistic is calculated by dividing the median earnings of all women working fulltime by the median earnings of all men working fulltime. These calculations do not take into consideration occupation, education, position, or hours worked per week, nor do they take into account the individual choices of male and female workers.

Fewer than 1 in 5 women in America describe themselves as Feminists even though 85% believe in the equality of the sexes. Why is this? Because they know that feminism stands for something else now. Feminists like to spread these conspiracy theories about the patriarchy, these lies about the wage gap, lies about campus rape culture and then play the victim and go “Oh, but feminism is about equality.” That’s not what feminism is anymore. In the words of Milo Yiannopoulos “Feminism is a mean, vindictive, spiteful, nasty, man-hating philosophy that has very little to do with the equality of the sexes and a lot to do with man-hating, and the way you know that is women are abandoning it in the millions. Women don’t want feminism they have rejected it completely. Just 7% of women in the UK describe themselves as feminists despite the fact that 92% believe in the equality of the sexes. It’s very clear what’s happening. They don’t believe those two mean the same thing, because if they did they would give the polls the same answer to both those questions. Women know feminists say one thing and mean another. Women know the primary purpose of feminism these days is not to promote equality, it is to beat down on men.”

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Is America Truly Sexist?”

1. Seth Mooney on April 17th, 2018 9:54 am

Bout darn time.

2. Tyrek Blar on April 19th, 2018 2:46 pm

the amount of research and work put into this is something i could never accomplish in my lifetime well done

3. Chrissy Bowles on May 4th, 2018 8:40 am

“While there is no wage gap, there can be an earnings gap. Men may earn more on a paycheck because men are more likely to work overtime and take fewer vacation days along with no maternity leave.”

What’s your source for the above quote from your article?

Also, your article would have more credibility if you hadn’t included the quote from Milo Yiannopoulos. The dude has been banned from Twitter for his various comments. Consider quoting someone who has a reputation for being fair and diplomatic.

Finally, do a grammar check. You don’t want your message to be overshadowed by sentence fragments and incorrect word usage.

I normally wouldn’t point out these types of errors publicly, but since you seem to have no qualms in starting “fires”, I figure you can take the heat.

Good job on citing the other sources. Your article was easy to read and did a good job of idenitifying your argument and providing a case to support it. Keep up the good work.

btw, I believe new fathers should have paternity leave. Why doesn’t anyone ever talk about that?

4. Kirstie on September 24th, 2018 9:24 am

This article is biased

5. Seth Mooney on September 28th, 2018 2:48 pm

Prove it.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Arts & Entertainment

The Little Mermaid

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Features

Student Work I: Perception On Drug Use

• Is America Truly Sexist?

News

Senior Blog

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Showcase

Lady Cavs off to States

• Is America Truly Sexist?

News

Faculty Members Rehearse for the Worst!

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Features

Rethink Your Drink

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Arts & Entertainment

Concord Business Challenge

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Opinion

Juuls in Schools

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Showcase

Fall Sports Senior Night

• Is America Truly Sexist?

Arts & Entertainment

Homecoming Queen!

The Student News Site of Greenbrier West High School
Is America Truly Sexist?