Fields of Faith 2017

On Wednesday, October 11th, Greenbrier West hosted their third annual Fields of Faith.

What is Fields of Faith you may ask? Fields of Faith is a student-led event. Students invite, pray for, share with, and challenge their peers to follow Jesus Christ and to read his word. We do this in a field, gymnasium or a sports-related environment because it provides a neutral, rally point where a community can come together.

This year, we were gracious enough to be accompanied by Pastor David Bush, from First Baptist Church of Rainelle, Molly Judy & Travis Walker, and Quinwood First Baptist Church. The student impactors this year were Shane Griffith with a personal devotion, Dan Nutter with a scripture, Julie Agee with a testimony, John Parks with scripture, Noah Brown with a testimony, Hannah Crookshanks with a song, and Maddi Richmond with a welcoming. Kobe Rozell, a student from Meadow Bridge High was gracious enough to help us out and lead us in opening prayer.

We had an outstanding crowd with almost 200 community members, including the staff and students from our school. That night we were highly impacted by the word of God. And seeing that students of my age can rejoice in his name without being criticized by their peers leads me to have hope that maybe one day, his word would be introduced back into schools.

We would like to give special thanks to Coach Robertson, Mark Adams (FCA director of Greenbrier County), and Chad Rhodes for all of their contributions to FCA, our school, and our Fields of Faith event. None of this could have been possible without them. We hope to pack the stands next year with students, staff, and their families.