The Student News Site of Greenbrier West High School

Cavtalk

Prom 2017 Review

Kaley Vestal, Writer, Editor

Prom is definitely one of the best parts of high school and Greenbrier West throws nothing short of an extravagant event. This year’s highly-anticipated theme of Masquerade did not disappoint. Students purchased masks and wore them into the event and had photos taken. The masks, however, did not last the night, since they were rather hard to keep on your face and no one could see correctly.

Ms. Gilkeson did an amazing job with the decorations. The black and white decor really complimented the gorgeous greenery and flowers. The garden style added to the whole event. It made the room feel like springtime. The additions of the swing and several arches added to the experience since students could take pictures around them. The tables were spaced perfectly for the event, and we had a ton of room to move around without bumping into each other.  

I’ll go ahead and say it: the music absolutely sucked. I have no idea what was going through that DJ’s mind, but whatever it was, it was wrong. They played the staples, such as the Cupid Shuffle, The Wobble, and several other dances that every DJ plays, but what about the other music? How do you dance to slow tempo music that none of us knew? This made prom way less fun than what it was last year. It sort of sucks since this was my senior prom and I’m going to remember it this way.

Other than the music being terrible, we had an amazing dinner thanks to Cavalier Culinary. The crabcakes were amazing with the fresh lemon squeezed on them. The desserts were divine as well. The short dough tart with pastry cream filling and fresh fruit was to die for, honestly. If you attended prom and didn’t eat, you certainly missed out.

Overall, prom was one to remember, even if it was just for the crappy music. Thank you so much to everyone who had a hand in making the evening great for all the students who attended.

1 Comment

One Response to “Prom 2017 Review”

1. Miss Mullins on May 5th, 2017 11:50 am

The decor at prom was one of the most beautiful ever!! As always, Shannon and her crew did an amazing job! The arches, fence and swing that Mr. Lytle did with the carpentry crew were just beautiful!!!!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Prom 2017 Review

Features

Senior Edition Has Arrived!

• Prom 2017 Review

News

Tying Up Loose Ends

• Prom 2017 Review

Arts & Entertainment

“Pride and Prejudice” Play

• Prom 2017 Review

News

Yearbook Update and Ordering!

• Prom 2017 Review

Features

Important Days for Seniors

• Arts & Entertainment

GWHS Talent Show

• Prom 2017 Review

Features

Goodbye Class of 2017

• Prom 2017 Review

Arts & Entertainment

An Open Letter From a Graduating Senior

• Prom 2017 Review

Features

Marching Cavaliers Seniors Finally Victorious

• Prom 2017 Review

News

Juniors: Moving On Up

Prom 2017 Review